How to classify reciprocating compressor valves
Types and principles of valves
Valve Overview and classification
The valve is the control part of the fluid transportation system, which has the functions of cut-off, regulation, diversion, prevention of countercurrent, stabilization, diversion or overflow.
There are many kinds of valves, and there are many kinds of classification methods
1. Classification by use and function
(1) Block valves: mainly used to block or connect the medium flow. Including gate valve, globe valve, diaphragm valve, plug valve, ball valve, butterfly valve, etc.
(2) Regulating valves: mainly used to regulate the flow and pressure of the medium. Including regulating valve, throttle valve, pressure reducing valve, etc.
(3) Check valve type: used to prevent backflow of medium. Including check valves of various structures.
(4) Diverter valve type: used to distribute, separate or mix media. Including distribution valve and drain valve of various structures.
(5) Safety valve: used for overpressure safety protection. Including various types of safety valves.
2. Classification by main parameters
Classification by pressure
(1) Vacuum valve: valve with working pressure lower than standard atmospheric pressure.
(2) Low pressure valve: valve with nominal pressure PN < 1.6Mpa.
(3) Medium pressure valve: valve with nominal pressure PN < 2.5 ~ 6.4Mpa.
(4) High pressure valve: valve with nominal pressure of pn10.0 ~ 80.0mpa.
(5) Ultra high pressure valve: valve with nominal pressure PN ≥ 100MPa.
Classification by medium operating temperature
(1) High temperature valve: T > 450 ℃ valve
(2) Medium temperature valve: valve with 120 ℃ < T < 450 ℃
(3) Normal temperature valve: - 40 ℃ < T < 120 ℃
(4) Low temperature valve: - valve with temperature ≤ T < - 40 ℃
(5) Ultra low temperature valve: T < - 100 ℃ valve
Classification by valve body material
(1) Non metallic material valve: such as ceramic valve, FRP valve, plastic valve.
(2) Metal valve: such as copper alloy valve, aluminum alloy valve, lead alloy valve, titanium alloy valve, iron valve, carbon steel valve, low alloy steel valve, high alloy steel valve.
(3) Metal body lined valve: such as lead lined valve, plastic lined valve, enamel lined valve.
3. General method classification
This classification method is the most commonly used classification method both at home and abroad at present. Generally divided into: gate valve, stop valve, plug valve, ball valve, butterfly valve, diaphragm valve, check valve, throttle valve, safety valve, pressure reducing valve, drain valve, regulation valve.
KEEPWIN TECHNOLOGY HEBEI CO.,LTD is a good stable quality supplier in China compressor factory, gas compressor manufacturing base.Keepwin offers you various range of gas compressor like normal standard VSD two stage screw compressor, reciprocating piston type & diaphragm compressor of CNG compressor, Natural gas compressor, CO2 compressor, hydrogen compressor, nitrogen booster compressor, methane compressor, etc. High qualitycontrol is our culture. Fast professional efficient service is our core.
If you want more details of the products. Please click Inquiryto offer us the below technical information:
A. The gas compression medium
B. Gas composition? or the gas purity?
C. The flow rate: _____Nm3/hr
D. Inlet pressure: _____ Bar (gauge pressure or absolute pressure)
E. Discharge pressure: _____ Bar (gauge pressure or absolute pressure)
F. Inlet temperature
H. Cooling water temperature as well as other technical requirement.
We can customize kinds of process gas compressors specially.
If you are interested in it, please Click Inquiry,let's discuss a further.