Provided below is a general list of common air compressor problems, and a few quick fixes that may help solve your dilemma. There are also many links to items within our online store. These link to the most popular products in that category, and may not necessarily fit your compressor. Always remember to check your owners manual to ensure that the correct parts are purchased.
1. Compressor will not operate.
2. Excessive noise in operation.
3. Knock - same cycle as R.P.M.
4. Knock occurs while compressor is loading.
5. Milky oil in oil reservoir.
6. Excessive oil consumption
7. Oil in discharge air.
8. Compressor vibrates.
9. Air blowing out of inlet.
10. Insufficient pressure at point of use.
11. Receiver does not hold pressure when compressor is unloaded.
12. Excessive belt wear.
13. Excessive discharge air temperature.
14. Air leaking from inter stage safety relief valve when compressor is pumping.
15. Receiver pressure builds up slowly.
16. Receiver pressure builds up quickly on compressor.
17. Reset mechanism cuts out repeatedly; fuses of proper size blow.
18. Fuses blow repeatedly.
19. Compressor will not operate.
20. Excessive noise in operation.
21. Knock-same cycle as RPM.
22. Knock occurs while compressor is loading.
23. Milky oil in crankcase.
24. Excessive oil consumption.
25. Oil in discharge air.
26. Compressor vibrates.
27. Receiver does not hold pressure when compressor shuts off
28. Receiver pressure builds up rapidly.
29. Reset mechanism cuts out repeatedly.
30. Fuses blow repeatedly.
31. Compressor suddenly stops working.